Losing a tooth can be a traumatic experience. A person may lose their teeth due to several reasons, such as tooth decay, infection, gum disease, accidents, falls, or even while playing contact sports. Leaving the gap that is caused due to the lost teeth can lead to many other serious health complications. The teeth may start to drift and shift slowly and could eventually lead to bite problems. It could also cause soreness in the jaw and lead to excessive tooth wear. Drifting teeth can also increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease by allowing the plaque to accumulate in the gaps. Various tooth restoration options available today will help replace your missing teeth with an artificial tooth. Some of the treatment methods include dental crowns, dental bridges, dentures, and dental implants. Even though dental implants come with various benefits, it is not an affordable option for those with budget constraints. For such people, dental bridges can be an economical option.
What is a dental bridge?
It is an artificial tooth that is custom-tailored for patients with missing teeth. It gives them a natural-looking smile. A dental bridge is anchored to the adjacent tooth of the missing teeth. There are various types of dental bridges. The Plano dentist will determine which bridges match the patient and produce the best results. Till the time the customized dental bridge is created, a temporary bridge is placed by the dentist in Plano.
Benefits Of Dental Bridges
- It helps restore a natural-looking smile in the patient with missing teeth.
- Missing teeth can cause speech problems in many people. Dental bridges not only restore the patient’s smile but also restore their ability to speak clearly.
- Missing teeth can cause bone loss in the jaw. With dental bridges, the person can maintain their normal facial structure.
- Dental bridges also help the person to chew food efficiently. A missing tooth can cause problems chewing, leading to indigestion problems.
- A bite problem can be caused due to the moving of adjacent teeth towards the space of the missing teeth. Such complications can be eliminated with the help of dental bridges.
Not everyone is a good candidate for dental bridges. To become eligible, you should have healthy teeth and a strong bone structure to support the bridge. You should also have good oral health and overall good health. A dentist in Plano will perform a detailed oral examination before determining the possibility of dental bridges for you. Then, visit the best dentist in Plano offering dental bridges tooth restoration options and thus find the perfect replacement for the missing teeth.